Saturday August 12, 2017 - Richmond CA
Thousands will gather at the Rosie the Riveter/WWII Home Front National Historical Park for the 3rd annual Home Front Festival and Rosie Rally. Participants will dress as the iconic Rosie the Riveter, a character from a Westinghouse poster recruiting women into the war effort during WWII. Join us as we defend (and break!) the Guinness World Record for "The Largest Gathering of People Dressed as a Rosie the Riveter.” This record now stands at 2,229 Rosies- Help us to honor real WWII "Rosies" and make history (again!)
The Home Front Festival, from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in Lucretia Edwards Park, will feature the USS Potomac, Franklin D. Roosevelt's famous yacht, docked adjacent to the festival site; an air craft cockpit display from the USS Hornet; the East Bay Regional Parks’ Mobile Ranger Unit; multiple fun, hands-on activities for children; a historical display from Angel Island; and information on Victory Gardens from the UC Master Gardeners’ program, as well as other exhibitors. Also on hand will be a 1940s bus from the Pacific Bus Museum along with military vehicles from the American Armory Museum, including a replica of General George S. Patton's Command Car. Food trucks will offer a variety of ethnic cuisines along with vendors selling Rosie-the-Riveter-themed items and 1940s-era products. Entertainment at the festival, coordinated by East Bay Center for the Performing Arts, will include a variety of musical styles from 1940s Big Band to solos, steel drums, and African dancers, as well as dance, spoken word and more.
Rosie Rally- Craneway Pavilion, Ford Assembly Plant @ 10:00 AM
- 1414 Harbour Way South, Richmond, CA 94804
(Next door to the RORI NPS Visitor Center)
Home Front Festival - Lucretia Edwards Park @12:00 PM
- 1500 Marina Way South, Richmond, CA
- 10:00 AM - Rosie Rally check-in: Craneway Pavilion, Ford Assembly Plant
- 11:00 AM - Guinness World Record count
- 11:45 AM - Rosie Parade to the Home Front Festival
- Noon to 4:00 PM - Food, Activities and Live Entertainment at Lucretia Edwards Park & SS Red Oak Victory Ship
- Attire Guidelines: Headscarf/ bandanna must cover the hair - NO Headbands NO Overalls CLICK HERE for details, resources and FAQs.
- Anyone dressed as "Rosie" can participate: Women, men, children, all are welcome!
- To be counted in the official World Record participants MUST dress as "Rosie"
- Dogs on leashes are OK, we only ask that you clean up after your pet!
- CLICK HERE to RSVP
- CLICK HERE to download and share the Social Media Pack
- Need a Rosie outfit to wear? DOWNLOAD the Resource Guide
- ROSIE RALLY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- For Rosie Rally email updates SUBSCRIBE
- FOLLOW Rosie Trust on Twitter
- VISIT the Rosie Rally Facebook Page
- FIND Rosie style ideas on our Pinterest board
- Download, print and SHARE the Rosie Rally Poster
- Dressed as Rosie on 8/12/17? Enjoy special discounts at Columbia Sportswear's Employee Store at Mountain Hardwear
Parking and Transportation
- CLICK HERE for RORI Map and driving directions
- Parking is available but limited. Public transportation and ride-sharing are strongly encouraged!
- Secure valet bike-parking is available
- Water-taxi service from San Francisco Pier 1.5 & Berkeley Marina to Richmond Marina Bay provided by Tidelines
- Shuttle service from Richmond BART
- Free Shuttle service will be available between Craneway Pavillion and the SS Red Oak Victory from 11:45 AM
- The Craneway Pavilion is indoors and wheelchair accessible
- Local wheelchair rentals are available at Johnston Medical in Berkeley