The Home Front Festival, from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in Lucretia Edwards Park, will feature the USS Potomac, Franklin D. Roosevelt's famous yacht, docked adjacent to the festival site; an air craft cockpit display from the USS Hornet; the East Bay Regional Parks’ Mobile Ranger Unit; multiple fun, hands-on activities for children; a historical display from Angel Island; and information on Victory Gardens from the UC Master Gardeners’ program, as well as other exhibitors. Also on hand will be a 1940s bus from the Pacific Bus Museum along with military vehicles from the American Armory Museum, including a replica of General George S. Patton's Command Car. Food trucks will offer a variety of ethnic cuisines along with vendors selling Rosie-the-Riveter-themed items and 1940s-era products. Associated events are planned all day on the SS Red Oak Victory Ship.
Entertainment at the festival, coordinated by East Bay Center for the Performing Arts, will include The Klipptones, Tiffany Austin, Mexican music and dance ensemble Son de la Tierra, followed by vocal ensemble Voices of Reason, and closing up with West African Music and Dance. A variety of musical styles will be performed; from 1940s Big Band, solos, steel drums, spoken word and more!
Rosie Rally- Craneway Pavilion, Ford Assembly Plant @ 10:00 AM
- 1414 Harbour Way South, Richmond, CA 94804
(Next door to the RORI NPS Visitor Center)
Home Front Festival - Lucretia Edwards Park @12:00 PM
- 1500 Marina Way South, Richmond, CA
- 10:00 AM - Rosie Rally check-in: Craneway Pavilion, Ford Assembly Plant
- 11:00 AM - Guinness World Record count
- 11:45 AM - Rosie Parade to the Home Front Festival
- Noon to 4:00 PM - Food, Activities and Live Entertainment at Lucretia Edwards Park & SS Red Oak Victory Ship
- Attire Guidelines: Headscarf/ bandanna must cover the hair - outfit must be DARK BLUE - NO Headbands NO Overalls CLICK HERE for details, resources and FAQs.
- Anyone dressed as "Rosie" can participate: Women, men, children, all are welcome!
- To be counted in the official World Record participants MUST dress as "Rosie"
- Dogs on leashes are OK, we only ask that you clean up after your pet!
- CLICK HERE for the Rosie Dicount Guide. Richmond buisnesses are offering specials and discounts to "Rosies" in costume
- CLICK HERE to RSVP
- CLICK HERE to download and share the Social Media Pack
- Need a Rosie outfit to wear? DOWNLOAD the Resource Guide
- ROSIE RALLY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
- For Rosie Rally email updates SUBSCRIBE
- FOLLOW Rosie Trust on Twitter
- VISIT the Rosie Rally Facebook Page
- FIND Rosie style ideas on our Pinterest board
- Download, print and SHARE the Rosie Rally Poster
- Dressed as Rosie on 8/12/17? Enjoy special discounts at Columbia Sportswear's Employee Store at Mountain Hardwear
Parking and Transportation
- CLICK HERE for driving directions
- FREE Parking is available in lots @ RORI and the Craneway Pavilion, as well as plenty of street-side parking along Harbour Way
- Public transportation and ride-sharing are strongly encouraged!
- Secure, FREE valet bike-parking is available courtesy of Bike East Bay @ Harbour Way South, near the Craneway Pavilion
- Water-taxi service from San Francisco Pier 1.5 & Berkeley Marina to Richmond Marina Bay provided by Tidelines
- From Richmond BART - FREE shuttle direct to the Craneway Pavilion starting at 9:00 AM or AC Transit bus # 74 (towards Harbour Way South & Ford Point)
- FREE Shuttle service available between Craneway Pavillion and the SS Red Oak Victory from 11:45 AM to 4:15 PM
- The Craneway Pavilion is indoors and wheelchair accessible - seating will be available for Rosies with limited mobility
- Local wheelchair rentals are available at Johnston Medical in Berkeley CA
Site Map and Free Shuttle Routes