Home Front Festival and Rosie Rally: August 12th, 2017
Saturday August 12, 2017 - Richmond CA
Thousands will gather at the Rosie the Riveter/WWII Home Front National Historical Park for the third annual “Rosie Rally” and Home Front Festival. Dressed as the iconic Rosie the Riveter, a propaganda poster recruiting women to the workplace in WWII, participants will attempt to defend the Guinness World Record for "The Largest Gathering of People Dressed as a Rosie the Riveter.” This record, successfully claimed at the Park’s first Rosie Rally in August, 2015. The record now stands at 2,229 Rosies- Help us to defend the title and make history (again!)
To be counted in the official record participants MUST dress as "Rosie"
- Headscarf or bandanna must cover the hair - NO Headbands NO Overalls
- Anyone dressesd as "Rosie" can participate: Men, women, children, all are welcome!
- Click Here to RSVP
- Home Front Festival Exhibitor/Vendor Application
- To receive Rosie Rally news via Email Click Here
- Visit the Rosie Rally Facebook Page
- Find Rosie style ideas on our Pinterest board
- Dressed as Rosie on 8/12/17? Enjoy special discounts at Columbia Sportswear's Employee Store at Mountain Hardwear
August 12, 2017
10:00 am - Rosie Rally check-in: Craneway Pavilion.
11:00 am - Arrive before 11am to be counted in the Guinness Record setting effort.
11:45 am - Rosie Parade to the Home Front Festival
Noon to 4pm - Food Activities and Live Entertainment at Lucretia Edwards Park & SS Red Oak Victory Ship
Rosie Rally- Craneway Pavilion, Ford Assembly Plant @ 10:00 AM
1414 Harbour Way South, Richmond, CA 94804
(Next door to the RORI NPS Visitor Center)
Home Fron Festival - Lucretia Edwards Park & SS Red Oak Victory Ship @12:00 PM
- Lucretia Edwards Park: Lucretia Way at the end of Marina Way South, Richmond, CA
- SS Red Oak Victory: Shipyard 3, 1337 Canal Blvd, Richmond, CA
Parking and Transportation
- Parking will be LIMITED. Public transportation and ride-sharing are strongly encouraged! Bike-parking will be available to cyclists!
- Water taxi service from Berkeley Marina to Richmond Marina Bay provided by Tidelines